Meeting God (Valley of Vision)

Meeting God

Great God,
In public and private, in sanctuary and home,
may my life be steeped in prayer
filled with the spirit of grace and supplication
each prayer perfumed with the incense of atoning blood

Help me, defend me, until from praying ground 
I pass to the realm of unceasing praise
Urged by my need , invited by thy promise, called by the Holy Spirit,
I enter thy presence, worshipping thee with godly fear,
awed by thy majesty, greatness and glory, but encouraged by thy love.

I am all poverty as well as all guilt
having nothing of my own with which to repay thee,
pleading his righteousness to offset my iniquities
rejoicing that he will weigh down the scales for me 
and satisfy thy justice

I bless thee that great sin draws out great grace
that although the least sin deserves infinite punishment
because done against an infinite God
yet there is mercy for me
for where guilt is most terrible
there thy mercy in Christ is most free and deep
Bless me by revealing to me more of his saving merits
by causing thy goodness to pass before me
by speaking peace to my contrite heart
Strengthen me to give thee no rest
until Christ shall reign supreme within me
in every thought, word and deed
in a faith that purifies the heart
overcomes the world
works by love
fastens me to thee
and ever clings to the cross
{taken from Valley of Vision}

*Such beautiful words. Make this your prayer as it is mine.





Comments

Popular Posts